Papel Picado

Papel Picado

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

An Update of Sorts

Well, I have been thinking for about a month now I should find something to do now that I have found hours upon hours of free time.... other than watch Netflix and play on Facebook, of course. I've decided to try and revive my blog I created 2+ years ago in an effort to send updates from Africa.
Well, not only did I not send updates from Africa, but I have only made a few posts after Africa. So for anyone who stumbled onto my blog after 2 years since the first post ''A Dream Come True'', I am back from Africa! I had an amazing, God filled time and my love for missions grew even bigger.Here is the most condensed version of what has happened in the last 2 years.
I found that I have a heart for the inner cities of America, and I was able to connect with an amazing ministry in Jackson, MS called We Will Go Ministries (www.wewillgo.org) and have been very excited about many different cities God has placed on my heart! Upon my return, during prayer time, I decided not to date for 3 months. Now, this was very difficult as I was to turn 30 in the timeframe of these 3 months, but I survived only to find my price weeks after the 3 months ended.
Matthew Monk is a silly, fun, wild man that stole my heart with his tenderness and ablitly to connect with people. He truly loves people unconditionally and I love him for it. The most exciting part is, he loves me back! In May of 2012, on a mission trip to Jackson, MS, Matt and I were just friends, but after really connecting- we had the ''Talk''. You know- the one where you sit down and talk about where your relationship is headed. Well, Matt very confidentily told me that we were headed towards marriage, and I agreed. I will try to get a video of the entire engagement story posted soon.
September 22, 2012 we got married in Zilker Park in one of the most fun and untraditional weddings. I broke almost every bride rule there was. For a couple of months we just hung around, I taught preschool and Matt did some landscaping jobs here and there. We tried our hand on a ranch as house parents, but after a month of experience, we decided that it was not a good fit for us.
In August while trying to decide if we should stay at the ranch, I told Matt I just knew I didn't want to raise children there, and that if we were to get pregnant I knew we should leave. Within a few days, we found out I was, in fact, pregnant.
That brings us to now. Living in Kyle, TX with some friends, searching for where to go next and otherwise excited about life. Matt is again in Landscaping, looking for a teaching job and I am just growing a baby and learning how to sew and crochet.
In the past 2 years I went from being an ''I'' to a ''we'' and I wouldn't change a bit of it.
I hope you found that fun and exciting and I look forward to sharing more with you all in the very near future! 

No comments:

Post a Comment