Papel Picado

Papel Picado

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Statistics: An Update

Bedrest day 16. Yes, you read that correct, 16 days! I can't quite believe it myself. To be honest, I don't know I would have made it this far without the support that I've had from everyone! Those taking the time to come stay with me during the day and help keep our home clean and my belly full and those of you who have been so encouraging.
I know Baby Girl is going to do great. As scary as it can be (especially with her not moving much lately!) at times, I know she is perfect. In the past I have had a hard time trusting God with different aspects of my life. I actually remember anxiously talking with a friend once about my desire to be married and she said "you are so funny. You trust God with everything in your life but this one area!" It hit me like a ton of bricks. I was married about 6 months later.
So, I trust God with my husband, my finances (He has always come through!) and everything else- why wouldn't I trust Him with our daughter? He loves her and has the best in store for her. 
I haven't necessarily been given statistics, but I can tell by the doctors reaction that this is a big deal. That they are hesitant to give me any hope. Good thing my hope is in God. (Cue Will Matthews "Hope's Anthem" here)
To briefly give you a rundown of what comes next: I will be seeing the Perinatologist and my OB once more and then I will be admitted to the hospital. I will stay there under constant care until Baby Girl is born. To make it full term- that's 16 weeks in the hospital. My hope is to make it as long as she can. They will monitor her and make sure her best chance is staying in the womb. I will receive some treatment to help her lungs grow. They will also monitor me for infection and my health (which overall has been great- minus the whole female part aspects.) 
Some ways to pray are- first and foremost- that the sac will heal itself and she will completely replenish her fluids to normal. Second, a good heart rate and good amounts of fluid! That her lungs and the rest of her grows at a normal gestational rate. For Matt as he is working and keeping up with our home all while finishing his certification classes. Also for both of us as me being in the hospital means that there will be a lot of times we are not together. For me to have the strength and to be able to face everyday with Joy. For Baby Girl to be completely healthy when she is born and spend as little time in the hospital as possible. 
I am so thankful for each of you who are praying for us! Those who have encouraged us with testimonies and prophecies! 
I read a quote from one of the other mothers who had a positive outcome after rupturing prematurely: "Statistics are for those without faith!" I agree. 

No comments:

Post a Comment