Papel Picado

Papel Picado

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Perspective: An Update

I have found that perspective is everything. One thing I have always been good at is seeing both sides of an argument, although when I have been one of the sides I have often ignored some things I see on the other side :)
To be honest, though, I'm not nearly as strong as some seem to think I am, I just keep perspective in mind. Most of you know I have very "stong beliefs" but I guess I just know that I need a savior. 
Going to Mozambique and especially working with abused, abandoned and widowed women I received a lot of perspective. I grew so much from the love they had for each other and all of us missionaries! I saw how they embraced pure Jesus and I came alive when I was with them. 
It seems I will be admitted Friday, or at the latest Monday into the hospital for constant monitoring. 
It isn't easy knowing that on Christmas I will be in the hospital. Knowing that while I wait for our daughter to arrive I can't be the one preparing her nursery (and decorating is one of my FAVORITE things!). I even bought a shirt to wear for our church Christmas celebration. It's red with ruffles and I got a cute belt with... You guessed it... A bow on it as an accesory. But I will most likely be in pajamas. 
But then... I let perspective sink in. 
The decision to go into the hospital is the best option for our daughter. I will be monitored in a way that they will know if she is healthy and if I am healthy enough to carry her. There are advances in modern medicine (thank you Jesus!) for at risk pregnancies that weren't around 20 or even 10 years ago. 
I have made my peace with all of the things that have been thrown our way. The idea that I may have to have a c-section (although there is still a good chance for natural birth!). That there is a risk of infection (but I do not receive it in Jesus name!). Just the overall idea that I have limited amount of control of the situation. 
In a few months (hopefully a little over 3 months!) we will have a healthy little girl. I am eternally grateful for the nurses and women with success stories that have encouraged me! Thankful for the friends that have offered advice on how to survive hospital bedrest. I am also thankful that Matt has the next two weeks off so he can spend lots of time with me my first weeks in the hospital! Our parents are also coming after Christmas to celebrate with us! 
I will be posting about ways to help as soon as I can get it all together. We will have a "Care Calendar" so that whoever wants to can sign up to provide meals (because I hear hospital food isn't the most nutritious and gets old quick), help us with things that we need and just come visit, can do so at their convenience! I am looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible during the stay. Come speak blessings over Baby Girl and just help pass the time :) 
I encourage you, if you have lost sight of the Christmas (or holiday in general) spirit, change your perspective. 


No comments:

Post a Comment