Papel Picado

Papel Picado

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Floodwaters

Lately I have thought a lot about the ark, the dove and the Olive branch, for obvious reasons. Noah's ark is one of the most told bible stories and one of the first bible stories I can remember hearing. 
I felt God nudge us to name our little girl Olive. He told me the Olive branch was not only a sign of peace, but a sign of life and hope. That she would be a great sign of life and hope and a carrier of peace. I believe this is true. 
Specifically Genesis 8:11 speaks to me. 
"This time the dove returned to him in the evening with a fresh olive leaf in its beak. Then Noah knew that the floodwaters were almost gone." (Genesis 8:11 NLT)
 The act of bringing a single Olive leaf (or branch depending on the translation you read) brought not just HOPE but a solid knowledge to Noah that the floodwaters were almost gone. 
This is what I pray for Olive's life. That as she grows and gets older  she continues to bring more than Hope to others. I pray she brings a peace and understanding of the Father's heart that people run to Him. A knowledge of God and His reality. That not only is there hope, but there are solutions, there is an answer, and there are miracles. That she brings heaven to earth with acts as simple as her smile. 

I've heard the song below a few times, but yesterday I heard the words "flood waters" and I began to cry. Right now there are so many times I feel like we are in the middle of a flood. Like we can't keep our heads above water. And then we see Olive. 

"Flood Waters" by Josh Garrels 

Higher than the yonder mountain and deeper than the sea
From the breadth of the east unto the west
Is the love that started with a seed

Stronger than the wildest horses and the rising tide
The chords of death hung so heavy round our necks
Will be left at the great divide

Flood waters rise, but it wont wash away
Love never dies, it will hold on more fierce than graves

Farther than the pale moon rises upon the open plains
Past the time of the longest blood line
There shines an immortal flame

Somewhere in between forever and this passing day
There’s a place moth and rust cannot lay waste
This is grace, the face of love

Flood waters rise, but it wont wash away
Love never dies, it will hold on more fierce than grave

No comments:

Post a Comment