Papel Picado

Papel Picado

Saturday, August 13, 2011

A Dream Come True

Hi!


As long as I can remember, when people would ask me "what is your dream", the only thing I could think to tell them was, "World Peace". It was brought to my attention that I might want to make that dream more personal... so I then decided my dream was to "Start a Peaceful Revolution".


Jesus must have loved my dream so much, that He pursued me until I was so deep in relationship with Him that I realized he shared this dream.


Now I am dreaming with Jesus, and after months of learning just what being a Daughter of the King means, living in Kingdom Culture and most importantly learning how to be a Laid Down Lover of God, trusting Him with every aspect of my life, I am heading to Africa.


I will be attending a Missions School led by people who are complete yielded to Jesus for their next move, and I couldn't be more excited!


With that said, I am going completely on Faith. I will be leaving my job and it's benefits, giving up my right to have a home (i.e. my apartment) and waiting on God for finances. I am so thankful for those of you who have offered to pray and bless my finances. Thank you for dreaming with me!


I leave you with this- there is a cost in giving your entire life to Jesus. Some may feel more sacrifice than others. Some it may come more natural than others. Not everyone is to give up their belongings and travel the world to preach the Gospel. For some of us, it just means being obedient to love others when we see the chance to. I encourage you to Dream with Jesus. Follow the desires He puts in your heart! Be obedient, and Love Love Love!!!


Love.Peace.


Luke 57-62 The Cost of Discipleship
57 Now it happened as they journeyed on the road, thatsomeone said to Him, “Lord, I will follow You wherever You go.” 
58 And Jesus said to him, “Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay Hishead.” 
59 Then He said to another, “Follow Me.” 
But he said, “Lord, let me first go and bury my father.” 
60 Jesus said to him, “Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and preach the kingdom of God.” 
61 And another also said, “Lord, I will follow You, but let me first go and bid them farewell who are at my house.” 
62 But Jesus said to him, “No one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.”

No comments:

Post a Comment